Sutton Trust Summer School
Wednesday, February 3rd, 2016
The University of Edinburgh offers summer school to any current S5 students who may be interested in attending. This year there are 120 places available.
Any current S5 students can apply to attend the summer school, but priority will be given to those who meet some or all of the following criteria:
– will be the first generation in their family to attend university
– have achieved at least 5 National 5 passes at A or B, or equivalent
– are taking subjects in relation to the subject stream they are applying for
– come from areas with low overall progression rates to higher education or high levels of
socio economic deprivation
– are (or have been) looked after, accommodated or in care
The summer school is completely free for pupils to attend: travel, accommodation, food and all social activities are covered.
There is a poster outside Guidance which gives you more information about the summer school – including subjects available. Applications are now open and the application deadline is 11th March. Full information can be found on the websites below: